Part One: Basic Theory
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Fall Hazard Recognition and Controls
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Ladders and similar equipment
- Intro to Personal Fall Protection Equipment
Part Two: Practical Equipment
- Understanding Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Fall Prevention and Rescue Plans
- Immediate First Aid for a Fallen Worker
This is a Full Day Course
Working at Heights Refresher Course
Working at heights training is valid for three (3) years from the date of successful completion of an approved program. All learners who wish to maintain the validity of their working at heights training past this three-year period need to successfully complete refresher training.
The refresher course covers the following topics:
• Barriers and other fixed equipment
• Personal fall protection equipment (travel restraint, fall restricting, fall arrest systems)
• Anchor points
• Work positioning systems, work access and platforms
• Rescue planning.
It includes a hands-on demonstration of equipment and procedures to ensure learners can successfully inspect and use the required fall protection equipment.
There is a written quiz at the end of each module.
Refresher training is valid for another three (3) year period from the date of successful completion of the refresher training.
With Cobalt Safety on your team, you’ll have access to some of the best safety professionals in Canada. We’ll help you navigate the rules, regulations and the ever-changing environment of health and safety. We’ll make it easy for you to understand, easy to implement and support you all along the way. As your health and safety partner we are there for you and your employees, letting you concentrate on the important part of building your business.
Canada West Office Contact
25 Shep Street, Suite 2, Spruce Grove,
780 222 5561
Main Ontario Office Contact
Cobalt Safety 5063 North Service Road.
Burlington, ON L7L 5H6
Canada East Office Contact
15 Fitzgerald Road. Suite 200,
Nepean, ON K2H 9G1
613 884 9766